About this course
This test preparation course, developed by the experts who create, administer and score the TOEFL test, will help English language learners improve their skills.
The TOEFL test is the world’s most trusted and widely accepted English-language assessment. It has helped millions of people achieve their dreams to study, work or live abroad. More than 11,000 institutions of higher education, government agencies and organizations worldwide accept TOEFL scores for making important decisions.
This course will help you understand what you can do to achieve your best TOEFL test score. Instructors will guide you through each section (Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing) and, using archived past test questions, will explain the kinds of questions you can expect. You will receive valuable advice, including how to register for the test, how it is scored and how to prepare for test day.
This course is highly interactive, using videos, sample questions with explanations, short quizzes and collaborative discussion boards. You will also have access to real test materials from past tests. During the weeks covering Speaking and Writing, all course participants can receive scores for their practice-test responses.
In addition, there will be free resources and discounted test prep offers throughout the course. Finally, you will receive valuable insider tips to help you do your best on the TOEFL test so you can apply to the university or job of your dreams.
Who takes the TOEFL test? More than 30 million people from all over the world have taken the TOEFL test to demonstrate their English-language proficiency.
- Students planning to study at an institution or university
- Candidates for scholarships and professional certification
- English-language learners who want to track their progress
- Students and workers applying for visas in certain countries
In response to the global pandemic, ETS is temporarily offering the TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition to meet the needs of students who are unable to take the TOEFL iBT test at a test center. The Special Home Edition is the same TOEFL iBT test — identical in content, format, scoring and on-screen experience — just taken from home on your own computer and monitored by a human proctor online. This course will help you prepare for the TOEFL iBT test, regardless of where you take it.
What you’ll learn
- How to improve your English language skills
- How to effectively navigate the four sections of the TOEFL test: Reading, Listening, Speaking and Writing
- Tips to help you prepare for the TOEFL test
- How the TOEFL test is scored
- How to use your TOEFL test scores for employment, study, visas and scholarships
- Ways to manage your time during the test
- Where to find additional resources about the TOEFL test
- How to register for the TOEFL test
Pursue a Verified Certificate to highlight the knowledge and skills you gain
Official and Verified
Receive an instructor-signed certificate with the institution’s logo to verify your achievement and increase your job prospects
Add the certificate to your CV or resume, or post it directly on LinkedIn
Proven Motivator Give yourself an additional incentive to complete the course
- EdX, a non-profit, relies on verified certificates to help fund free education for everyone globally